Sunday, October 14, 2012

Home Mission Statement ~ Day 14

 More mission statements? Didn't we just get done with your mini series on family mission statements? Well, yes.. but I promise, this is important too!
Do you ever look at your home and just feel discouraged? It's so easy to with pinterest boards, magazines, blogs, etc. showing us all of their perfection and making us realize the lack of perfection in our own homes. This month of drawing closer to God I ask myself what it is God wants from my home. Is it perfection? Not at all. 


Kelly over at Imperfect Homemaking shared how to create a home mission statement. With her post, prayer for Gods direction, and discussing it with my husband we came up with this:

Why is this important to drawing close to God? Because without knowing what purpose God wants for our home, it's too easy to get distracted by other things. For me personally, my home is a really important part of God's plan for me. I'm a stay at home mom with a passion for hospitality. However, I have to add things like "relatively clean" and "whenever possible" because if I dont all of my homes imperfections plague me. Because of this I know that while God desires my focus to be on my home, he does not desire my home to be perfect.

Do you have a mission statement for your home? Would you share it with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment