Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I've been sick. I will spare you my complaints (phil. 2:14). But if you could say a prayer for me i'd really appreciate it.
In my last post I shared with you the first two things from our family mission statement. Today I'll share with you a few more.
3. In the power of prayer.
- Mark 11:24 - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
- James 5:16 - Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
4. In entertaining angels (and also, friends)
- Hebrews 13:1-2 - Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing so some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
- Romans 12:13 - Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
I never really thought about hospitality until I read Karen Ehmans book A Life That Says Welcome: Simple Ways to Open Your Heart & Home to Others. Her book made me realize God doesnt just suggest hospitality, he commands it. "Do not forget to show hospitality","Practice hospitality". Having this in our statement is our family's reminder to chose the table that seats 8 even though there are only 4 of us. It reminds us to choose the big comfy couch over the nicer looking one. It reminds us to have open hearts and home.
5. Honesty is the best policy.
- Lev. 19:11 - Do not steal. Do not lie. Do not deceive one another.
- Proverbs 12:22 - The Lord detests lying lips,
but he delights in people who are trustworthy.
Tomorrow I'll share the last 3 things on our mission statement and then Saturday I'll share how we decided on everything and the final product! Hope you guys have a great 10-11-12!