Saturday, October 27, 2012

Having "Church" at Home ~ Day 28

 *click here for the other 31 days*
I have a confession to make.. I haven't been going to church
What's that? You couldn't hear me? I said I haven't been going to church.

Why are you looking at me like that? You still can't hear me? *Sigh* I haven't been going to church! There! I said it!

I know, I know. I was the ultimate church girl in high school. Never missed a Sunday, Wednesday night, special event, work day... What happened? I have 1,001 reasons why, don't we all? We need church though. Need it. It feeds the soul.

We have a couple churches that we are going to try out after we transfer early next year to Northern Virginia. For now though, we found something that works for us. Sunday morning we..
  •  Come downstairs, get the girls settled, and grab a cup of coffee.
  •  Find a sermon to watch from our laptop. We have been watching the sermons from New Life in Chantilly, VA. We chose them because we are thinking about attending there next year and we wanted to get a feel for the services and atmosphere. We really like it so far.
  • After the sermon we read a chapter from the bible. We've been reading through Ecclesiastes, one of my favorite books.
  • Then we read one chapter from our couples devotional. We have been working our way through the Love Dare and we both really enjoy and recommend it.
  • And to bring everything to a close, we pray together as a couple.

    And that's our home "church". It's really no replacement for the christian socialization, uplifting atmosphere, and accountability that a real church family gives. However, we can go in our pajamas, I can nurse without leaving the room, and when meltdowns happen we just hit pause. It's what works for us this season in our lives. I hope you're not in a season of missing out on church, but if you are - go find one! And if you can't, I encourage you to find something that works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment