Monday, August 27, 2012

Oahu Spot: Makapu'u Lighthouse





Yesterday we set out to go to the beach at Pele's Chair. When we got there we decided we would first hike up to Makapu'u Lighthouse. We tried to hike up to it once when I was pregnant with Delilah but I couldn't do it. I got so tired. I was so out of shape then! It has since been a personal goal of mine to make it to that lighthouse and prove to myself I could do it. It was much easier this time - even with a baby on my chest! The road is paved all the way up but I would chose the baby carriers again next time as well. It gets a little rough and pretty steep in parts for a stroller. However, I saw a few other people with strollers going up so I guess its just a personal preference. Overall it was a really great hike and SO beautiful. We are both a little sore today but really happy we did it. I would definitely recommend it.
The Lighthouse
To the right.
To the left.


Enjoying the view.
Feeling accomplished.

Wow, look at that rainstorm on the horizon. We rushed back down and still got sprinkled on a little. The girls thought it was marvelous. We didn't mind the rain, but we had to cut our adventure a little short. Oh well, Pele's Chair will have to be another day! Doesn't look like Josie was too upset about it :) At least we got something checked off our Oahu bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment