Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ooey Gooey Popcorn: Halloween Edition




Beware! Warning! Caution! Look out, mate! DO NOT MAKE THIS POPCORN IF YOU HAVE NO ONE TO SHARE IT WITH. You will eat the whole bowl. You might not even feel bad about it. It's really that good. Its also a great way to be creative with some of that leftover Halloween candy.


True story: I was sitting on the couch a few days ago watching a movie with Delilah. I had a sudden desperate need for this popcorn. A you-don't-even-understand-how-much-I-need-this-popcorn-right-now kind of craving. I made the popcorn. I ate almost the whole thing by myself.. but I saved a little bowl for Josie. I am a good mom after-all. Did I mention I made a batch a few days before it and we annihilated it? James loves it too.

 ...I said it was a true story not a good story.

Are you convinced yet? Make this popcorn!

Ooey Gooey Popcorn: Halloween Edition

{Adapted from Sweet Treats and More: Gooey Vanilla Bean Popcorn}

Ingredients:
1 Bag of Microwavable Popcorn
(I used movie theater butter but you can use whatever floats your boat.)
1/2 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Stick of Butter
2TBSP Light Corn Syrup
1TSP Vanilla Extract

Your Choice of Halloween Candy (I used 1/4 cup candy corn and 10 Butterfinger covered pretzels, roughly chopped)




Directions:
Pop popcorn according to instructions. Pour into bowl carefully avoiding the unpopped kernels.

Stir in your choice of candy.
In small saucepan heat sugar, butter, corn syrup, and vanilla, over medium heat, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Stir constantly.
Pour sugar mixture over popcorn slowly and stir together. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to be sure all candy gets mixed thoroughly.
Let cool slightly & enjoy :)



I have also kept this in a tupperware on the counter and it was still awesome the next day. It's never lasted longer than that.



No comments:

Post a Comment